Sunday, May 12, 2013

All Kinds Of Mother's

   Today Is Mother's Day and I am feeling so blessed and happy to be a mom and to be able to share it with my two AWESOME kiddos. They have changed my life for the better and I am thankful everyday to have them in my life. While I consider myself a mom in what we consider the traditional sense, I know there are all kinds of moms out there. There are grandmothers, step-moms, soon-to-be moms, foster moms, mothers-in-law, etc...Then there are also adoptive moms. These women open their hearts and homes to children in need of a permanent family and to me that is just beyond words in how magnificent that is.While every mom deals with all kinds of different struggles and challenges with kids, adoptive moms (and dads too) deal with their share too. Recently I found an old friend on Facebook who I went to school with years ago and came across her blog where she has been blogging about the adoption process that her and her husband are going through. One of the challenges that she is facing is playing the waiting game... which can be a long one. Once someone has been approved to adopt there could still be a long wait for the right child to join their family. Another challenge is that the adoption process is in no way shape or form a cheap one. When all is said and done, my friend's adoption is going to cost around $20,000 and that's before you even start factoring in all the other costs associated with having and raising a child. As a way of raising funds for this enormous cost, they have created a puzzle with a family picture on it and you buy or sponsor a piece for $10.00. For each piece you buy, they will write your name it, and when the puzzle is complete they will frame it so that their future child will one day be able to see all the people that helped make their family complete. So that's what I did today. I felt that Mother's Day was a fitting day to do this random act, I'd be helping a friend on her journey to becoming a mother herself.

You can read more about Ashley and her husband's journey through the adoption process and if you are interested in helping them complete their puzzle by clicking HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story...I'm Ashley's mother-in-law and we're playing this "waiting game", right along with them. Blessings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, so glad to be able to share their stories with others! good luck and blessings to you and all of your family.

      Delete
  2. That is the coolest idea ever! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to tuck that one away for if and when we start the adoption process ourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete