Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crossing Guard Kindness

Everyday when I take my daughter to school we pass a couple of very friendly crossing guards. One in particular is an older lady and we see her in the afternoons. She is so kind and friendly with all the kids and the parents as well. She's constantly smiling and always seems to be in a good mood, even when some of the drivers are clearly frustrated with the speed and rules she's enforcing. I think she does a great job and today I stopped to take a second to thank her and say hello. I let her know that we appreciate her hard work and feel safer with her on the job.  She was of course very gracious and smiled and waved at the kids. I think it's a great act of kindness that she takes such pride in her job and she is setting a great example for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment