Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Angel Teddy Bear Foundation


  Today's good deed is for an another organization that I have found through online research and one that also hits close to home. The Angel Teddy Bear Foundation is a non profit organization based out of Pennsylvania that delivers teddy bears to parents who have suffered the loss of a child through miscarriage, a stillborn child, or a loss in the NICU. They in no way think the teddy bears are a replacement but just some small token to show that they don't have to grieve alone. Along with the teddy bears is sent a sympathy message from other parents who have experienced a similar loss. Their website also offers support and other resources for those who are grieving. You can find out more about them or even donate by clicking here.
  As I mentioned before, this one hit close to home for me because my first child was born very premature and spent months in the NICU. While the first weeks were filled with the uncertainty of if my daughter was going to live, we were very blessed that she did survive and was able to come home. Ever since that experience, my husband and I have wanted to do something for parents with with sick children in the hospital because we know exactly how scary it can be. So for today's good deed I donated a teddy bear in hopes that it will bring a small amount of comfort to parents who need all the support they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment