Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Just Called...

    So today's good deed is along the same lines as yesterday but with just a different way of carrying it out. While it's always nice to get a message or letter from someone letting you know someone cares and is thinking of you, it's also nice to get a phone call. So for today's good deed I called my grandparents just to chat and let them know I was thinking about them. Again, I know this doesn't seem like much but to them it certainly took them by surprise and added a little something extra to their day I think.I know they are always wanting to hear more from their kids and grandkids especially as it has gotten harder and harder for them to get out and visit as much as they like. So just being there and listening as they got to tell me about how their week was, how church was, etc.. was probably a nice change. And as a bonus I got the hear a funny story about one of my uncles that I hadn't heard before. This is one deed that I certainly hope to continue on a regular basis. I may not call my grandparents each time, but I'm sure I know of others who would benefit from a nice random phone call from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment