Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pregnancy Support Center

   For today's act of kindness I did some more donating. My youngest is finally out of his baby car seat and has moved up to something bigger, so I had a perfectly good infant seat on my hands and not sure what what to do with it. I was hoping to give it to a person or group who could get some good use out of it but wasn't sure what kind of regulations there were on giving used car seats to others. A mom friend of mom mine turned me on to the local pregnancy support center and after talking with some of their employees I found out that they did indeed take car seats and are always in need of donations. They are a great organization that help women out through all stages of pregnancy and after birth with several services at no charge.
When I found out they would take my car seat, I also rounded up a few other baby items I had and never got a chance to use or had duplicates of to donate to them as well. When I dropped them off they told me a little about their center and their needs and they are now a place I have added to my list of great organizations to give to.

1 comment:

  1. i have some baby stuff i need to donate, i was thinking a womans shelter, but you cant really find those. its formula and nipples, etc. that i got from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete