Sunday, January 13, 2013

Two For One

   In a previous blog post I had talked about my love and respect for those who have served or are currently serving in the military. To me they are a very vital and important part of our country and when I get an opportunity to show them some appreciation I can't pass it up. So today my husband shared some info with me on how I can support them and another organization which I think is great and that is the Girl Scouts of America. Currently they are having one of their biggest yearly fundraisers, and that is selling their wonderfully addictive cookies. So now they have a program called Gift Of Caring in which most local Girl Scout troops are participating. When you help raise money for local girl scout troops by buying their cookies, you also have the option to purchase boxes to be sent to soldiers who are deployed all over the world and brighten their day as well. This is also a great option for those of you who are more health conscious who may have wanted to help the girl scouts but didn't really want to have cookies in your home. I thought this was a great idea and contacted a girl scout family I knew who was selling cookies and was able to purchase boxes to be sent to our troops. I think this a great program and hope that many others who plan on buying can send a little extra love to our soldiers out there. And for those of you wondering out there, we of course bought some cookies for ourselves as well!

1 comment:

  1. You are just full of ideas! I received an email from my soldier the other day and his request is double stuffed oreos! Hah... that would have been my request if I were over there as well :-)

    ReplyDelete