Thursday, January 31, 2013

Doughnut Surprise

   Today was another day that my sweet daughter helped me with my act of kindness. You see... she LOVES going to preschool and is even more excited about starting Kindergarten next year. Part of that is just her personality, but I also think that part of that is thanks to the great teachers and staff at her school. Everyday she is talking about all the fun things she got to do and I feel like they have done an awesome job getting her ready for what to expect for next year. So for today's act of kindness my daughter and I thought we should do something for the staff at her school. On the way in this morning we stopped and picked out a dozen different doughnuts for them to enjoy as a special treat. Her two classroom teachers were surprised and very thankful, they even posed for a quick snap shot. Later today my daughter told me that they let her go from room to room to share the doughnuts with each teacher. Today's act has been another one of my favorites because I love it anytime my kids WANT to participate in a random act of kindness and also because I feel like teachers have one of the hardest jobs out there and don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve.
   One a side note, today marks one month down in my year long journey. So far this has been so awesome and I love how other have told me that certain acts have inspired them to do their own. So please keep the ideas and suggestions coming. And please... SHARE SHARE SHARE this with others! Knowing more people are reading keeps me motivated and  the more random acts I can pass on to others will hopefully inspire them to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment