Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Old Standby

   So this morning I did what my husband and I refer to as "the old standby". On my way to taking my daughter to school I stopped by Starbucks to get my morning fuel to get me through the day. (For those of you following my journey on the blog this year, you'll probably hear about countless trips to Starbucks, lol) When I pulled up to the window to pay for my drink I asked if they would add the the next car's total to my bill as well. My husband and I refer to this as "the old standby" because it's a deed we've done at drive-thrus several times before and from what we can tell so have others. I love this one so much because many times it starts a chain reaction of others paying for strangers food and drink which is a great thing in my book. Anytime someone gets inspired to do something random and nice for someone else it's a great thing in my book.
On a related note, after only doing this for a week now, I've gotten lots of great feedback and ideas from people. I've even heard how a few of you have performed a few good deeds of your own. This just warms my heart and the fact that it's leading others to reach out to strangers is awesome. So keep it coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment