Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Warm Up

   Monday morning is the time of week that I do our grocery shopping and today was no exception. I went out this morning and while in the store I thought it would be nice to go out and collect all the carts from the parking lot and give a few of the employees a break since it was only about thirty degrees out this morning. But alas, as I went out to put my groceries away there was only one other cart in the parking lot. That Publix crew was on top of things! So the kids and I got in the car and headed home. As we were driving we passed a person sitting at an intersection corner holding a sign about a huge clearance sale going on and I thought, "glad I'm not working outdoors today as cold as it is." And that's when it hit me! I need to do something for people working outside and trying to stay warm today. So we swung through the McDonald's drive-thru and picked up several hot chocolates to pass out to those working outdoors. I loved this one today, everyone was so surprised when I approached them and very grateful. I wasn't able to get pictures of everyone who got hot chocolate but I was able to get a few.
  My inspiration, the sign holder...
 Some mobile Goodwill collectors...
Looking forward to what tomorrow's inspiration will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment