Friday, February 1, 2013

A Smile and A Wave


 
      For today's act of kindness, I took a page out of of my son's playbook if you will... We can't go anywhere now days, especially the grocery, without him saying hi with a big smile to every person we get within five feet of and waving like a mad man at them. His friendliness causes instant smiles and laughter from everyone he greets. Now, I'm not crazy cute and adorable like my two year old son is but I thought I would give it a whirl and greet everyone with a smile or wave and maybe lighten some strangers moods. So I tried it out while on my run this afternoon. Every person I ran past or came close to I smiled and said "Hello", I even greeted one man's dog as well. I also waved at cars while I waited to cross busy intersections. The reaction was almost all positive. Most smiled and said hello back, some were surprised that I paused to say anything and seemed happy that I took a minute to acknowledge them. To be fair though, I did have a couple that thought I was perhaps off my rocker a bit when I waved at them until I was sure they saw me. Hopefully though most who I stopped to greet will pass it on and take a second to make someone else smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment