Saturday, October 26, 2013

A New Home

 
 Today was a fun day for my family with a few small acts of kindness here and there. We went to my daughter's girl scout fall festival and while there I was able to help some of the girls earn a pumpkin carving badge and assisted them in roasting hotdogs and s'mores. This evening was also the first service for Mercy Street United Methodist church and I helped greet people as they came in and direct people to where they needed to go. All of these are small kind things to do, but the act of kindness that I really want to share was one that was performed to me. I've been helping out the last few months as Mercy Street has been coming along and getting so excited of all the things to come. So tonight I went early to help out before the service and the pastor Charles asked if I would pass out communion tonight. Now to many this may not seem like a big deal, but to me I was so happy to do it and it was huge. I've attended several different churches as an adult and liked a few here and there but never really felt 100% comfortable or at home for one reason or another, and would have never felt comfortable enough to participate in that way. The fact that he asked my husband and I to do something like that and had the confidence that I wouldn't screw it up completely made me feel so great and so welcome. In addition to his kindness the service was great and I feel like our family has found a new church home. Today was a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment