Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ChapStick For Those That Need It Most

Today's good deed came about because of a generous donation from another fellow mom Amy Bachman. She had recently held a fundraiser and gave out the chapsticks pictured here to the participants. Well she ended up with tons left over and contacted me to see if I knew of anyone in need of them. Immediately I thought of the homeless shelters in town and how now that the weather is getting cold, items like these will be in high demand because so many are out in the elements most of the day. She was so happy to find a place where they would go to good use, and so this morning I took them into the shelter I volunteer at. The coordinator was so excited to get them because they are always low on items like these. In all there were a little over 90 chapsticks that will get handed out to help those that need them the most. Thanks again to Amy for contacting me and in the future if any of you out there have extra toiletries on hand that you are looking to get rid of they are always appreciated at shelters.

No comments:

Post a Comment