Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Playground Pickup

   Today on our way home from school, my kids and I stopped at our neighborhood playground to play for a bit. It's kind small compared to some other public parks, but they love it and it's nice having something literally right down the street. While playing, I was sad to see some graffiti on a few pieces of the equipment and some litter lying around. Part of the reason I like having this place for my kids to play is because we feel safe here and it is clean. So for my good deed today I tried to keep the playground the way it should be. I picked up the trash and used the wipes I had in my stroller to scrub off the writing on the equipment. I wasn't able to get it all off, but it still looks better than it did. It's always sad to me when others don't take care of or purposefully destroy public areas. It's not fair to my kids or any others in our neighborhood. I know it will probably happen again, but I certainly hope that it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment