Saturday, October 12, 2013

RUN RUN RUN!


   This morning was the Murfreesboro Middle Half Marathon and I headed out bright and early to cheer on all the runners who have worked so hard for the past few months. I ran it last year and it truly was the most friendly marathon I have ever done. There were so many people all along the way clapping, cheering, playing music and holding great signs of support. So I thought this year I would return the favor and I took the sign shown here out on the course this morning. It went over really well and got a ton of laughs and high fives! I figured a smile and laugh would greatly be appreciated to help them keep their mind off the distance. But I also wanted to go out and cheer today because my friend Aimee was running her first half and I was so proud of her. She has adamantly hated running and refused to do so for most of her life but recently has taken it up and decided to complete this race. She trained really hard this summer and I couldn't wait to get out there and surprise her.
So I had a sign just for her as well and cheered her on at two points on the course. It brought a smile to my face to see her working so hard and completing this task. Again, I'm really proud of her for doing this because I know she still hated running, lol.
Great job to all the runners out there today... and like I shouted from the sidelines about a million times this morning.... YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment