Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Food Bank Donations

   One of the "bucket list items" on my list of good deeds this year was to donate food to a local food pantry, and that's just what I did today. Not sure why I haven't done this yet this year, but today I found many items to pass along to those in need. I bagged them up and took them over to Greenhouse Ministries where they gladly accepted them. After the government shutdown, many local pantries are very low on supplies since they had many more people coming in needing food while their support was temporarily suspended. Also since we're right on the heels of the holidays more donations will be needed as well. Glad I could help out today and if you have items just taking up space in your pantry maybe think about giving them to you local food bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment