Sunday, October 27, 2013

MERGE!

   Looking at this picture makes me laugh, but I have a feeling that one driver on the road today made several others make this face. Earlier today while I was driving to a get-together I came to an intersection where right after it the two lanes quickly merge into one. There are plenty of signs alerting drivers that this will happen, but instead of slowing down and blending with the other lane, the car in front of me slammed on the gas and darted over into the other lane that was quickly narrowing, to pass several cars and came close to causing an accident. After they slammed on their brakes because they had no more road to drive on, they put on their blinker and tried to inch their way back into traffic. Well needless to say the other drivers weren't happy and were not having that at all. They all passed, not allowing the car back in and sharing some choice words and gestures. As I got closer I braked and let them back onto the road. Not because I wanted to, because that driving habit infuriates me as well and most of the time I feel like those people deserve to sit there and and let everyone else go since they were so impatient and had no regard for anyone else. But I did it because it was a kind thing to do... I try and remind myself that I don't know what's going on in that persons life. Maybe they have some emergency and have to be somewhere really quick. Who knows??? I just hope they remember that kindness and pass it on... and perhaps wait their turn to merge next time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment