Monday, October 28, 2013

Letter To Sophie

   While surfing the internet today I came across a site called Post Pals. On this website you can read about children who have chronic or fatal diseases and send them letters or emails to cheer them up. While searching around, I came across a little girl named Sophie who has a very serious malignant brain tumor. What caught my eye was the beautiful butterfly she had painted on her face in her picture. As I read about her I found out that she is the same age as my daughter and they share a love for butterflies. I chose to write to her today and try and lift her spirits. I sent some funny kid jokes, told her a bit about where we live since she lives in the UK and also included some positive and inspirational messages too. I think this website is a great idea and they make it so easy to send a little love to a child that could really use it. If you are interested, click on the link above and you'll find hundreds of kiddos that could use a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment