Saturday, January 5, 2013

Adopt A Us Soldier

   On both sides of my family and also in my husbands family we have several members who have served in the military or are currently serving today. I have always been proud of this fact and am so grateful for all those that sacrifice on a daily basis and put their lives in harms way so that I can feel a little safer and enjoy my freedoms. I'm also grateful for all the families of those who serve because they make enormous sacrifices as well. Because of all this, today I went and adopted a US soldier. This is a pen pal program where you can sign up and communicate back and forth, send packages, etc... to a soldier who is currently deployed. I can't begin to imagine all of the stress, homesickness, fear, and challenges that go hand and hand with being deployed so I hope maybe making a connection with one soldier and showing my appreciation can help brighten a few of their days away from home. I feel really good about this deed today and I hope some of you might adopt a US soldier too! You can find out more or sign up by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment