Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hold That Door!

  Today's good deed was a simple one but one I think everyone can appreciate at one time or another. There are days when I'm out with my family, specifically my kids, that my hands are so full with coats, hats, diaper bag, etc... that I can barely get into whatever building we are trying to get into with out dropping a million things or knocking over a kid while trying to open the door. I see this all the time with several families when I'm dropping my daughter off at school and today was no different. I can't tell you how nice it has been when a fellow parent has held the door open for us as I try and get in with two kids and all of our stuff. So today I returned the favor and after we got in I waited as parents and kiddos arrived at the school and as they got to the door I opened it and held it for them as they walked in. I did the same thing when I came back this afternoon to pick up my daughter. People seemed very happy to have an extra hand at the door, especially on a cold and wet day like today. When people do something small like this for me I know it always puts me in a bit of better mood and much more likely to pass something nice on to someone else. I hope it had that effect others today!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile. I am getting ready to compare you to my son with autism, but I hope you won't be offended. For several years we would go around the table at dinner and say something we had done nice for someone. For over a year every night he said, "I held the door open for someone."
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete