Monday, January 28, 2013

Beep Beep

For today's good deed I was a courteous driver, which now days is in short supply. I feel like I am always in a hurry or stuck in some kind of traffic so I am constantly guilty of not letting people in when I probably should, going over the speed limit and fighting for the best parking spots. But today I changed my driving habits... I let several people cut or turn in front of me, a couple of times I let other cars have the better parking spot that I could have had  and I even drove the speed limit. And you know what, I didn't get where I was going any slower than had I sped up or cut others off. These habits may be common place for some of you, but sadly for me they aren't... just ask my husband! Having the mind set from the get go that I wasn't going to rush and that I was going to let others go ahead of me also made for a more pleasant ride, I didn't feel all wound up like I do most of the time while driving. Hopefully some of the other not so nice drivers out there like me saw what I did today or will read this blog and perhaps change their driving strategy a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment