Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cookies To The Rescue!

   Last December when I decided to do this challenge I started stockpiling ideas from all sorts of places of things to do when opportunities didn't arise on their own. One of them was baking some treats and taking them to local fire stations and police stations to show appreciation for the hard work they do and putting their lives on the line on a daily basis. Both my children are very interested in fire trucks and firemen so I thought today would be a great day to take our local fireman some home made cookies. This morning I got up a little extra early and let my five year old help me make the cookies that we would deliver. I explained to her as best I could why we were doing this and hoped she would thank them for their service too.
   When we got there both my kids were excited to see the firehouse and meet one of the firemen. He seemed just as excited when I handed him the tray of cookies :) After we thanked him for all his hard work, he and my daughter had a long conversation on fire safety, interestingly enough Kaylee did most of the talking telling him all that she had learned at preschool about fire safety and how she knew how to get out of our house if something happened. He seemed impressed and tickled at her energy. I was so excited with how happy he was about the cookies and that my kids got to take part in today's task I forgot to take a picture.
Oh well, I'm just happy we got to bring a little happiness to the firehouse and that hopefully my children learned a little something about passing it on!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time! We have a great post man... he deserves a special treat like this! Thank you for reminding me to show appreciation to others!!!

    ReplyDelete