Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So Sweet CeCe's

   So today was day one of my year long attempt to perform at least one good deed or act of kindness for someone everyday of 2013.  While out at Target today I kept my eyes peeled for any opportunity that might present itself. I picked up the things I needed and went to the check out and as I finished I saw a older lady with a motorized cart who was having problems getting it to move. I offered to help her with her items and push her cart for her but she declined. I offered again but she actually seemed a little frightened by me so I went on my way. After a moment I remembered a voucher I have been carrying around in my wallet for a couple of months now and decided that could be the perfect way to make someone's day.
   I headed over to Sweet CeCe's frozen yogurt and found a family of four walking in and decided to give them my ten dollar voucher to use for their treats. The mom seemed apprehensive at first but I explained I just wanted to do something nice, no strings attached and she warmed up pretty quickly. I watched the family fill their bowls and with lots of yogurt and yummy toppings and give the voucher to the cashier to pay for their items. My favorite part was when they put their yogurt on the scale the cashier told them they still had a few dollars more to spend and that they could add more to their bowls. Both the kids got so excited and ran back over to the yogurt bar and begged for more of their favorite flavors. It also brought a smile and laugh to the parents faces as well. I was so happy to be able to share that voucher with them for many reasons, one of them being it appeared at first they were all going to share the same bowl but this way they were able to have their own. They were even nice enough to let me snap their photo.

I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I am too excited to be the first to post on your blog! Congrats on your journey today! There is nothing better than the good feeling of helping someone else out and seeing their huge smile as a result. I bet that old lady wished she had your help by the time she hit the cold air outside!!!
    Saly

    ReplyDelete