Monday, January 14, 2013

Help From a Friend

  Today I feel so great about how I was able to help a fellow family out. Earlier this evening while talking with my husband about possible ideas of things to do, the phone rang and a friend informed me of a situation going on with another mom that I knew and her family. They had just recently moved and are trying to make ends meet, especially when it came to groceries. My friend felt like she really needed to do something but wanted it to be anonymous and asked if I'd be willing to help out her out a bit. She had boxes of food she wanted to give and was wondering if I'd deliver it to the family who needed it. I felt like the fact that she called at the very moment I was trying to decide how to help someone today was a sign that I was for sure supposed to be involved and I couldn't have been happier to help.
  So I went and picked up her VERY generous food donation and stopped at Kroger on the way so I could add to the food to be delivered. I had planned to just leave it at the family's door with a note, but because I wasn't sure if I had the right house I waited for someone to answer when I knocked. When they did, they were so very appreciative and thankful for every bit of it. Instances like these are one of the very reasons I started this journey and challenge. I was so grateful tonight to get to be a part of helping a family who truly needed it right now. I'm also very thankful for my friend for asking me to help her. She has such a great heart and her generosity tonight was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment