Thursday, January 17, 2013

Donate Life

  With both my kiddos currently being sick, it got me thinking about all of our health and well being in general. We are so very blessed with how well and healthy we are and have been the majority of our lives. But sadly that can be taken away in the blink of an eye and I don't just mean with disease and illnesses but with accidents and disasters as well. I've heard countless stories about how car crashes or even home accidents have taken a life or left someone handicapped physically for the rest of their life. But with as far as we've come in medicine sometimes a life is able to be made better or even saved through organ and tissue donation. So today I signed up as a registered organ donor and hope that when the time comes I can help someone else in need. Now I know many of you many think, "okay well I already signed up when I got my license." I thought the same thing too, but when I actually got online and checked it out it hadn't been updated and had some incorrect information for me. That may not seem like a big deal but I'd hate for someone to lose out on a life saving organ because I failed to do something simple like cross the t's and dot the i's. You can go online HERE to register in your state to be a donor or to update your current registry.
I encourage anyone and everyone whose religious beliefs don't keep them from donating to go and do so today. I know I'm proud I did, and you never know... the life you save may be a loved one.


No comments:

Post a Comment