Friday, January 4, 2013

Great Things at Greenhouse

   In our house after the holidays there toys strewn about in every imaginable place and as far as the eye can see. We've been blessed with several family member and great friends who love our kids as much as we do and love to give them gifts for Christmas. We appreciate all the generosity but simply put we don't always have room for all their stuff and when I think about how my kids are blessed it makes me think of all the children who are in situations where they may not have gotten anything. So each year in January we go through their toys and decide what they want to give to other kids who may not have been as fortunate this year. We had no problem quickly filling up a box and I even had some new toys that I added to donate as well. This year we decided to take our items to Greenhouse Ministries to donate. This is a great local organization that helps others in many ways. They have a food pantry for those in need, offer shelter programs, education and GED classes and much much more! You can check out more about them at  http://www.greenhousemin.org/
When we arrived a nice lady named Emily met me at the door and helped me bring in all my items. She was very thankful for our donation and encouraged us to come back soon. When she said this I went ahead and asked about volunteer opportunities and got signed up to attend a volunteer orientation next week. I look forward to helping this organization and in turn helping others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment