Wednesday, January 9, 2013

READATHON

So today I decided that my good deed would be focused toward my children. There's no good reason that they can't be on the receiving end of some good deeds right??? Doing something a little extra for them I feel is a great way to set an example that I hope they will pick up and pass on to others. Today was perfect for what I had in mind since it was so rainy and cold outside. I want to instill a love of reading in both my kids so anytime they ask me to read to them I rarely have the heart to say no. While I love reading to them and recently love hearing my oldest read some to me, there are times I that I feel I need to do something else instead and sometimes they pick up on that. So today I told them I would read anything and everything they asked me to all day today. No TV, computer, phone, laundry, dishes, etc was going to distract me or be an excuse not to.
Here we are ready to start our readathon!
So far our count is up to 19, but we still have the rest of the evening to go!
One of the reasons I embarked on this challenge was to set an example for my two kiddos and I feel that today was a great way share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment