Friday, November 29, 2013

Kindness Reminders

   Today is one of the absolute craziest days out there and having braved the crowds before for black Friday I can tell you that kindness for your fellow man generally goes out the window today. So I wanted to today's good deed/act of kindness to somehow be entwined with black Friday and was coming up stumped for a while. Then I found a video on You Tube of some girls who went out on Black Friday to pass out hot chocolate and words of encouragement to the shoppers waiting in line and fighting the crowds. I thought it was a great reminder that if we were all just a little bit more kind and understanding, especially on days like today, Black Friday might not seem like such a crazy thing to attempt. So I followed their lead and made out several cards telling people things like "have a great day" and "you are an amazing person" but also asking them to remember other shoppers and pass on some kindness to them. Then I went out into the crowds and placed them on cars and inside stores on merchandise. I'm hoping people will enjoy hearing some kind words but also pass on some good deeds themselves by maybe letting someone have their parking spot, helping to carry items or letting someone go in front of them in line. Like I've said before, one small act can really make someone's day and that's what it's really all about.

Also, if you are interested, here is the you tube video that inspired today's act. These girls are awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment