Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

   Unless you live under a rock, and if you are reading this than you don't, I'm sure you have heard about the devastation that typhoon Haiyan has caused in The Philippians. The latest reports I read and have heard have said that there are over 10,000 casualties and over 9 million people who have been affected by it one way or another. People there are desperate for food, clean water and medicine. Being so far away, sometimes it's hard to understand and really grasp how dire it is over there right now and many feel like there isn't much they can do. But there are several organizations and agencies who are sending medical aid and relief as fast as they possibly can and as you can imagine, disaster relief is pretty costly. So today I donated to UNICEF to help aid their relief efforts for the Philippians. They are a globally known and trusted organization and I know my money will go straight to helping those affected by the typhoon. If you are wanting to help but not sure where to start, I found an article this morning that listed several trusted and safe agencies that you can donate to. Just click HERE, and it will take you right to it. I can't imagine what the victims must be going through right now, but my thoughts and prayers are with them for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment