Friday, November 22, 2013

The Healing Power Of A Flower

   Last night I attended a work shop on different power tools at my local home depot. It was designed for women and very informative. Along with demonstrations there were light snacks and door prizes. I was one of the lucky ones whose name was drawn and I came home with the amaryllis plant pictured here. It is a very hands off plant that requires little water and attention but I seem to struggle when it comes to keeping any kind of plant life alive. Also, plants just really aren't my thing. But I didn't want this thoughtful gift to go to waste and knew many others would enjoy and appreciate this much more than I ever would. So for my good deed today, I took it to the local hospital and asked the staff at the front desk if they would mind giving this to a patient there who could really use a pick-me-up. They seemed confused at first that I didn't have a specific person in mind to have it delivered to, but I just explained that I was sure someone here would could use a nice unexpected surprise and would love this plant much more than I ever could. They agreed to make sure a patient would receive it and thanked me for bringing it in. I have no idea who ended up with it, but I hope it brightened their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment