Sunday, November 17, 2013

World Preemie Day

   Today is world preemie day and this is a topic that is very near and dear to my heart. Just over six years ago we welcomed our 1lb 14oz miracle into this world and it is a day I know I will never forget. That day and the ones that followed were the absolute hardest days of my life and probably the hardest physically for our daughter as well. But after 3 long months in the NICU she finally made it home and from that point one she has just taken off! Today she is a happy healthy 6 year old with more imagination and energy than you'd ever believe. So in honor of our former preemie and her success story, today I made a donation to The March of Dimes. They are a great organization that supports moms through their pregnancies, helps parents and siblings after they welcome preemies into their families and they fund research to find and cure the problems that cause premature births. I know not everyone out there with a preemies have had as good an outcome as we had, which is even more important reason that organizations like The March of dimes exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment