Friday, November 15, 2013

So Much Goodness

   Today my daughter has amazed me again. She received a letter in the mail today from her principal recognizing her great manners and leadership at school and it also included a gift card for her to eat out. She was so excited to get this and then as soon as we read it together she says, "mom, I wanna write a letter back to the principal thanking her for sending me this special reward because that's what you do." And I replied, "What do you mean?" And then she said something that almost brought me to tears. She said, "You would be sure and thank her because that is nice and a good deed and you've been saying all along that we should always do something nice for others when we can." I know my daughter has been paying attention this year and wanting to do nice things occasionally, but to me this meant things were really sinking in and resonating with her. And that is really the whole point of this year, to spread kindness to others and hope they will do the same. So today we sat down and wrote a thank you card together and let the principal know how much we appreciate her recognizing Kaylee's efforts at school. Today was a great day for good deeds and acts of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment