Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Outreach Thrift

Today I went through our family's closets and did a purging of items that no longer fit or we didn't wear anymore. I ended up with a decent amount of clothes to donate as you can see from the picture here. So today I took them to a place called the Outreach Thrift Store. They are a local business that works with several different agencies here in Murfreesboro that refer individuals and their families  to Outreach to help them obtain clothing and household items when they are in need. They have clothing and items for both adults and children and rely on donations from the public. I had seen this place before but thought it was just your average thrift store that resold items at affordable prices. So when I learned that they worked with other community organizations to help those in need, I was very happy to give them our large clothing donation. I'm glad we can help others stay warm this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment