Friday, November 8, 2013

Some Good Advice

     Today I have been trying to catch up on household stuff that that has gone by the wayside and haven't really been feeling that inspired honestly. So when I went to pick up my daughter from school this afternoon, I asked if she had any ideas of something nice we could do for someone else. Then she gave me some great advice... she said, "mom, it doesn't matter if it's something you've done for someone before, a good deed is a good deed no matter what." I thought about that for a minute and then said, "You're right, it really doesn't matter." So I figured a repeat wasn't that big of a deal, I have done a few repeats with a little twist already this year. Then I decided that since my daughter gave me such sound advice and my family has been a huge support during this journey, it was time to do an act of kindness for them again. So I'm making one of their favorite dishes for dinner and we'll have family movie night. I always say it doesn't have to be complicated or some huge gesture, that an act of kindness can be very simple. But it took hearing that from my daughter today for it to really sink in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment