Sunday, November 10, 2013

My Favorite VET

   Like I mentioned yesterday, my good deeds/acts of kindness this weekend will revolve around Veterans Day. So today I called up my favorite VET, my grandpa Fritts. I told him how thankful I am for his service and sacrifice for our country and also how proud I am of him for all his accomplishments. He served in the army in Germany, Italy and France during World War II. As long as I've known him he's actually spoken about his experiences only a very few times because as you can imagine, the things he saw and went through were absolutely horrific. He was the only one from his platoon that made it back home. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around some of the things he has told me about the war. He is such a great man and a hero to our family. I know there are many out there today with similar stories to my grandpa's, so if you know them, thank them for their service and make sure they know their efforts weren't in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment