Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 Days Of Christmas Kindness Redo - Day 2

Serving Up A Meal...
Another popular good deed/act of kindness that I have gotten lots of positive feedback on has been serving meals for others. Volunteering for the Journey Home back in June has turned into a weekly gig for me and even though I'm not fond of how early I get up to go there, I really do enjoy being able to do it. So for my redo today, I helped to serve another meal. Our church home, Mercy Street United Methodist, put on a Christmas meal for the community of Smyrna and also gave away warm coats to anyone who needed one. The turnout was not exactly what we had hoped for, but in the end people got a hot warm meal and a coat. If you ever get the opportunity to serve a meal to others I highly encourage you to do so, you'll get so much more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment