Friday, December 13, 2013

A Little Begging And Pleading...

   So a while back I signed up to volunteer tonight for the Special Kids organization Christmas gift program. But I got a call this afternoon saying things went so well that everything was finished and taken care of before my shift was scheduled to start. I'm glad that things went well and so many deserving families are getting a great Christmas, but I was really looking forward to delivering gifts and it was also my planned good deed for today. So back to the drawing board late in the day I went. For some reason I began thinking about some Memphis basketball tickets I have been trying to get for my husband's birthday and each time I contacted the ticket sales office they kept pushing back when they will start selling individual game tickets. So I thought maybe today would be a good day to inquire again and sure enough they starting selling them today. The gentleman I talked to was really nice but informed me up front that the only tickets left for the game we wanted to see were at the very top section, basically the nosebleed seats. Memphis is in a different conference this year and it has become quite a bit harder to get the good seats we've had the last couple of years. I then began to tell him that both my husband and I attended school at Memphis, that he is a die hard Memphis Tiger basketball fan and this has become a birthday tradition for us since we have come the last 3 or 4 years. I layed it on pretty think and begged him to look one more time just to make sure that there weren't seats closer to the floor. Not my proudest moment, but hey, they were for my husband! Then low and behold...  the last two tickets on the club level suddenly became available.  I guess it's possible that they were overlooked the first few times he looked, but I think it's because of my begging and pleading with him that he pulled some strings. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I snatched up the tickets and happily let my husband know that I had finally procured the much coveted tickets. I'm hoping it made his day!

Don't forget.... my "best of" 12 days of xmas/acts of kindness starts tomorrow! If there are any that you'd like to see done again, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment