Monday, December 9, 2013

Safe Crossing

   This morning while heading out to run errands I came across a dog sitting in the middle of a busy intersection at the back of my subdivision. I slowed down to a stop and waited for it to cross the street, but it just stood there in a huge puddle looking at me. I nudged forward just a bit thinking it might move once it saw me starting to move but nothing.  I hopped out and made my way over thinking the dog would run away after seeing me get out and come towards it. Still, no movement and he was shaking like crazy. As big as the dog was I wasn't sure if I could physically move him myself but I didn't want to leave him there to get hit by a car.  So I began to gently push  and he slowly started to move. It took me a bit but I got him out of the street and into someone's yard. I'm still not sure why he was standing there because he didn't seem hurt, just scared. Eventually the owner came out and I felt comfortable enough to leave. you never know what the day is going to present you with , but glad I came upon him before another car did that maybe wouldn't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment