Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Final Act

   Today is the last day of 365 days and I feel so many things.... More about that later. Today for my good deed/act of kindness I made up chemo care bags and took them to a local oncologists office for patients to have while getting their treatments. What are chemo care bags you ask??? Well they are bags full of items that people who are having a chemo treatment might find useful or comforting. In the ones I made I included crossword puzzles to pass the time, peppermint gum and hard candies to help with nausea and to get rid of bitter after tastes that chemo can sometimes cause, hand lotion and chapstick to help with the dry skin and lips that can be a side effect and tissues and wipes for a number of reasons. I also included a little note in each one telling the recipient that I hoped 2014 brought them good health and many blessings. I have seen and heard how harsh chemo treatments can be and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy, but I realize they are also a necessary evil to combat cancer. I hope these bags bring a little peace and comfort to those who are facing treatments even for just a moment.


Stay tuned for a review of this awesome year and afterthoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment