Monday, December 30, 2013

I Made A Difference

   Well, this year I figured I have donated just about everything imaginable except for one thing... my blood. This was on the "bucket list" of good deeds/acts of kindness this year, but because of medications and health reasons I wasn't able to... until now. I'm really glad I was able to get this in under the wire you might say because donating blood can save lives. I'm sure you already know how important blood donations are but here are a few quick facts...

Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.

More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day.

A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.

More than 1.6 million people were diagnosed with cancer last year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.

A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.

One blood donation can save up to three lives
If you are eligible to donate blood I highly encourage you to do so, you never know whose life you may be saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment