Monday, December 2, 2013

Days of Goodness Continues Past 365

   I've thought many times this year about what's going to happen come Jan 1 of next year... Am I going to stop doing random acts of kindness and good deeds? Well, obviously the answer is no, but I won't be documenting everyday on here and it will be okay to repeat something as many times as I feel it will benefit someone else. I have been trying to think of a way to keep helping and being kind to others and get others to join me in my efforts without feeling like there is some task they have to complete everyday. Well my genius friend Rachel Boyd and I brainstormed and decided to start a local meetup group for moms that is focused not only on supporting each other and play dates for our kiddos, but also on serving others in the community. Nothing too intense, just trying to help others with an outreach project or two a month. If there is one thing I have learned this year is that I TRUELY enjoy doing outreach and serving others and I think I'm kinda suited for it. There has been a need for a while now for a local organized group for moms who can get together and meet other moms and make new friends for themselves and their kids.  We thought that combining that need with the need for more volunteering in the community was a great match. I feel this group will be a great success and not just serve the community but also serve the needs of moms out there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment