Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cutting In Line

   Once again today I was able to mark off one of my bucket list good deeds that I wanted to complete this year. It was a very simple one, but a generous one that I am happy to say I see people doing a lot. It involved the grocery again where I have been able to share coupons, help people carry their items and even helped an older woman shop one day. Today while I waited in line to check out I noticed the woman behind me only had three items while I had a ginormous cart full of all kind of items. I turned and asked her if she's like to go in front of me and at first she declined but I showed her that I had so many items and there was no reason for her to have to wait behind me and I insisted that she go in front. She finally did and thanked me for letting her cut in line. Whenever I see people do this it restores my faith in humanity a bit because time is something that we prioritize very highly in our society and are rarely willing to give up. Glad I could give some of mine up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment