Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Little Car Trouble... Sort Of

   Today I got to do one of the cliche' random acts I'd been hoping would come along at some point, but it didn't go exactly like I thought it would. In the end I helped someone and that's all that matters right??? Anyway, on my way home from picking my daughter up from school today I saw a lady standing outside of her car with her emergency flashers on in the shared middle turn lane of the road. I figured she probably already had called someone for help but with the huge storm we've been expecting all day I figured I should at least check and see if there was anything I could do so she didn't get stuck in the storm. So I slowed down, turned around and drove back to where she was stopped at. I got out and went over to her as she was waving her arms frantically. As I got closer (but not too close) I asked her if she needed help or if I could call someone for her. She turned to me and told me that I was going to think she was crazy. I assured her that wasn't the case and I was just here to help her. She then told me that while she was driving a large wasp had flown into her car and she tried her best to get it to fly back out but had no luck. She was really worried because she had a newborn in the back and no matter how hard she swatted at the wasp it wouldn't leave the car and she hadn't been able to kill it. So I did my best to wave and swat at it as well to move it around and hopefully get it to fly out of the car or at the very least to get it out of the back seat away from the baby. After lots of trying we finally got it out and she was able to head back on her way. I'm sure people driving by thought we were nuts but hey... at least she didn't have to look nuts by herself right???
   So like I said, not exactly what I was expecting... I was thinking I might help change a tire, jump someone's battery, etc.. but this works too!

No comments:

Post a Comment