Monday, April 15, 2013

P.A.W.S

  For today's act of kindness I donated some old sheets and towels that I haven't used in ages to the Rutherford county pet adoption and welfare services or P.A.W.S for short. This organization serves as the local animal shelter as well as animal control. Before I had kids I worked with a local humane society for animals so I'm pretty familiar with the great and hard work that these organizations do for local animals. This one takes in unwanted animals and provides adoption services, provides vaccination  clinics as well as enforces the law related to animals and their welfare. You can find out more about this specific location by clicking here. These organizations always have needs and wish lists to help take care of all the animals that they receive and I knew from experience that towels, sheets and blankets are usually in high demand. So the items I brought today will be put to good use.
  I also just want to take a minute and say that if you are considering adding a pet to to your family, please seriously consider a shelter pet. Having adopted one myself several years ago, I can tell you that they will be forever grateful for a new home. Shelter pets also come with all their needed vaccinations and by adopting one of them instead of an animal from a breeder or another source, you are helping to stop the overgrowth of the pet population because they will be spayed or neutered.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment