Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mission Trip To Mexico

   My good friend Aimee is getting ready to head to a small community Mexico on a mission trip to build churches and help in several other ways. On a previous trip down there she was really able to bond with several of the people down there, especially the children. The people there are all so welcoming and friendly and while Aimee and others are doing so much outreach for the community, she wanted to do a little something for the kids this time too. She contacted me about helping and I was so excited to do anything I could. She decided taking them some toys to play with and keep would really make their day. Many of them live in horrible conditions and toys are a big luxury. So I went and found all kinds of small toys for all ages and with the help from some other great mom friends, I was really able to give her a good amount to take down there and distribute. When I dropped them off with her today, she was so grateful to have them to give out. I think I was just as excited about them as she was. I know these will go over well and I can't wait to see all the pictures of the kids enjoying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment