Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lots Of Great Things Today

  Today I don't have just one thing that I'm counting as my act of kindness but a few small things instead that will be carried out over many days. I volunteered to coordinate and organize a lunch at my daughter's school to show the staff there some appreciation this morning.  I also started putting together some care packs for the homeless that I plan to distribute sometime early next month. I've been collecting items from several generous people for a few weeks now and I can't wait to get those all together. The third thing today was that I starting using my new reusable Starbucks cup as seen below...

I have what some might call a bit of a "problem" or perhaps a pretty hefty coffee "habit", lol. I go through a lot of coffee, at home and when I'm out. So my use of plastic and paper cups adds up pretty quick. Now at Starbucks you can buy one of their reusable cups for only 1.00 and stop creating trash each time you purchase a beverage from them. They also give you ten cents off every time you bring it in and use it. So after bringing it in ten times, and let's face it... that will be a breeze for me, it has paid for itself and I'm cutting down on waste. Win Win in my book!

Also, today marks four full months of random acts of kindness and good deeds. I'm loving it and look forward to all kinds of great things for the rest of this year. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped out so far.  Please keep the ideas and comments coming and please sign up to follow the blog as well so I can keep adding change to the "change for a cause" bucket. It's looking pretty slim...

No comments:

Post a Comment