Friday, April 12, 2013

An Unexpected Visit

   My plans for today changed this morning as they sometimes do in life and today's change brought more time with my family. I had been thinking a lot lately about my husband's grandmother lately and that we really should go and visit her. She currently lives alone and has had several ups and downs the past few months. So I thought today she could really benefit from a visit from us and the kids. We even baked some chocolate cookies to take to her. She was so happy about this last minute surprise visit. It was nice to get and chat for a while and I know she appreciated having someone to talk to to as well. Sadly, in my crazy go go life sometimes I get too wrapped up in my immediate family's needs and wants and don't always see those of others who are in need or could benefit from some of my time as well. I'm hoping that this challenge this year will put a change to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment