Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tidying Up The Neighborhood

   Today's act of kindness and good deed was for my neighborhood. Today has been so beautiful outside, so much in fact my friend and I took our boys to the greenway this morning. But while it has been super beautiful, it has been extremely windy. We got blown all over the place, but we weren't the only things that got blown every which way. Today was garbage day so when we got home we saw that everyone's garbage cans were scattered in the street, some with some trash flying around and mailboxes had also been blown open with their contents hanging out. My neighborhood was a mess! I tried to get a better picture than the one posted here but everything kept flying away. So I went to work returning everyone's trashcans to their garages, picking up trash, closing mailboxes and making sure everyone's mail was in the right place. I did a good deed earlier this year where I picked up trash in the neighborhood but today was a little different, so I still think it counts... and I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate having their belongings returned to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment