Thursday, April 4, 2013

Kiss A Pig

   Today my family is taking a little vacation and we are in Louisville doing all kinds of fun stuff. After dinner we decided to go for a swim at our hotel and it was then I realized that I forgot to pack swim diapers for my youngest. So I headed out to find the closest store to pick some up along with a few other things. After driving for what seemed like forever I finally found a Walgreens. When I went in I noticed a huge display right at the front of the store and at all the registers but I headed toward the back of the store to grab the diapers I needed. Then when I went to pay for my items, I saw what it was all about. The American Diabetes Association was having a fundraising drive at this particular Walgreens and had all kinds of info and flyers about the disease. Their campaign was encouraging everyone to "Kiss A Pig" because pigs were the first successful source of insulin for diabetics. They had all kinds of cute pigs and of course I couldn't resist donating to a great cause. At first I was kind of annoyed that I forgot the swim diapers and had to make a trip out and then even more annoyed when I couldn't a place close. But I think that's what was supposed to happen for me to end up at that Walgreens today and to come across this fundraiser....

No comments:

Post a Comment