Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Little Pick Me Up...

   So ask and you shall receive as the saying goes... Earlier today while I was playing outside with my kids I was wondering what I could do today. Then after we came in I thought about it again and hopped on my lab top for a minute and first thing that I saw was a friend of mine named Kendra had been having a tough couple of weeks. Her kids and husband have all been sick off and on for weeks and now the youngest is sick again with RSV, which can be awful. On top of all that she's in her first trimester of another pregnancy so she's feeling pretty awful and tired herself these days. I knew that when the first thing that was brought to my attention was her, today I needed to do some little something for Kendra. I know from experience having sick kids is hard and challenging and can make you go a little stir crazy sometimes. So I thought about what would make me feel better in this situation. And the answer was immediately CHOCOLATE! I can't heal her boys or give her energy, but I can give her something to make her smile and take her mind off things if for only a moment. Those that know me, know that there is never a shortage of chocolate in my house and I always have plenty on hand. So I made her a little care pack to hopefully give her a little pick me up and let her know that someone was thinking of her. I dropped it off on her porch as a surprise and left her a text that she had something waiting for her. After she found it, she was so sweet and surprised and said her husband as well was looking forward to the chocolate. I'm glad I could do a little something for her today because I have been where she's been and it's hard. Sometimes just a small gesture can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment