Saturday, April 27, 2013

Volunteer Time

  The last couple of days I have been volunteering for the Nashville Country Music Marathon and this morning I was out there in the pouring rain bright and early with the 35,000 runners helping at the finish line. I have actually been looking forward to helping out here for a while now because I am a runner myself and at all the different races I have run, the atmosphere and community there is amazing and so much fun. I was able to help several people today at the race, including helping one runner get in touch with family that she couldn't locate, give directions to several runners, and return their personal belongs to them as well. I can't really complain because I had a good time despite the rain and got to spend a good part of my time there under some kind of cover. Even though doing acts of kindness and good deeds always make me feel good afterward, some days they aren't always easy or fun to perform. Today was NOT one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment